Here’s the process for saving or downloading a video from the YouTube platform.
Maybe you want to copy the file to to archive the file for future use and do not have the original. This process will allow you to download the file available for playback on YouTube so you can use the file elsewhere or store the file locally on your computer.
Here’s the simple step-by-step process:
- Download VLC, or another open-source media player
- Open VLC and click “Open Media”
- Click “Network” and paste YouTube URL
- If using Mac, select “Window” and then “Media Information”
- If using Windows, select “Tools” and then “Codec Information”
- Find the “Location” bar at the bottom and copy that URL
- Paste that URL into your browser
- Right click the video and select “Save Video As”
- Name the file and save to desired location